Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hi-C with a shot of Powerade & My Rules

So at the beginning of this whole thing, I set some ground rules for myself.
1) I will accept any challenge when given a drink combination.
2) I have to order at least a medium size drink to get the full effect of the combination
3) I have to drink the majority of the beverage.
4) No drink is off limits.

I broke some of these rules last night and I apologize to you for it.

I pulled up to Sonic. I didn't know what I wanted to try. I have been in the rut of the Vanilla drinks lately and I wanted to mix it up for you. I pressed the button and asked the guy what his favorite drink was. He was a little taken aback by the question, but "Hi-C with a shot of Powerade" was the drink. So I ordered it.

HUGE mistake.

I wanted to spew from the very first sip. It was soooo gross. First of all, I have a massive revulsion to anything "Fruit Punch" or "Hawaiian Punch" esque. I think I actually did throw up Hawaiian Punch when I was younger. That kind of memory just kind of sticks with you and you don't really get over it. This was almost a reoccurance of that.

But I knew my rules and decided to keep trying. But with every sip I would gag with dry heaves. I can still smell it as I think about it. I couldn't get anywhere near drinking even 1/4 of it.

New rules:
1) I will accept any challenge EXCEPT when it involves Fruit Punch Hi-C.
2) I have to order at least a medium size drink to get the full effect of the combination unless it contains Fruit Punch Hi-C in which case I will order NOTHING.
3) I have to drink the majority of the beverage when it doesn't include Fruit Punch Hi-C
4) No drink is off limits EXCEPT ones that contain Fruit Punch Hi-C.

0 out of 5 Straws.

Excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap.
~KK3

0 comments: