Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vanilla Orange Sprite and Ella is Cute

I think I have found the perfect combination of drink.

Vanilla + One Flavor = Awesome

Ok, so I have only tried out this theory twice. But so far I have not gone wrong.

The first sip of the Vanilla Orange Sprite took me back to the days of the Dreamsicle or even better, orange push-ups from the Schwan man. I can remember being sent down to the basement to get vegtables out of the freezer for dinner and sneakaly eating an orange push-up and dumping the evidence. Then mom would yell down the stairs to find out why it was taking me so long. I would yell back something about not being able to find the bag of peas. But really I was sneaking an orange push-up before dinner. Then she would yell that they were right in front of my face. Which they were. Then I magically found them. And off I went. I don't know if my mom ever caught on, but now she knows. Unforgettable.

Its all the scrumptious-ness of that tasty creamy popsicle without the melty sticky mess.

Downside, I don't think I can drink all of my large. Its a little sweet for me to drink too much. But dude! If you are looking for a Dreamsicle in a cup accompanied by little pellet ice cubes...this is the drink for you.

Now to Ella's cuteness...She just informed me that she "Loves hanging out with her best friend Kaley". I think I will keep her.

4.5 out of 5 straws.
~KK3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella didn't say "Kaley Kelsey" today?? Has she stopped adding Kelsey when she says your name??

Ok, SO now I'm pumped to try this. I'm not sure when we will be able to make it to sonic again. BUT it needs to be VERY soon!! I want to know if you have tried the Oragen Cream Slushy yet?? I have a feeling it will be like a Dreamsicle, but I need you to try it first!

And I don't think mom ever found out. I wouldn't eat the Push-ups, but I would eat "Scooter Cruch Bars" (by the way, do you know they don't call them that anymore?!)

Klarisa

KaleyKelsey said...

I think she as grown out of the "Kaley Kelsey" phase. Every now and then she will say it.

I do have plans to try the Orange Cream Slush. It is coming. Don't worry.

What in the world could they possibley call the Scooter Crunch Bar now? They will always be Scooter Crunch Bars. Nothing can replace them. And I am glad I am not the only child who would sneak ice cream before dinner. ;-)

~KK3

Anonymous said...

Just ate one, they are called Chocolate Sundae Crunch Bars now. I don't know why they canged the name!

Klarisa :)

brandon said...

vanilla makes everything more awesome

Anonymous said...

Ok, so as you know, i stopped by sonic after my oil change on the way in to work last week and thanks to your enticing description of this drink, decided against my better judgement to stray from my old faithful... cherry limeade... and try something new. Much to my surprise, I was actually pleased at what I got. So much so, that I got a craving and bought another one this weekend! Oh the influence.

So now I guess I have to try the orange cream slush you wrote about in a later post. Sounds good, but I have to admit, I'm scared if I try it, i'll like it so much that i'll want to get it every time... which wouldn't be bad, except- you failed to mention that since the cream slush does have ice cream in it, it's also the drink with the higher fat content, so for those watching their figure, the orange vanilla sprite is probably a smarter choice of the two. Well, maybe it won't hurt to try just one. ;) At least i know the orange vanilla sprite is a worthy substitute. cheers!

-maria