Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NRF Youth Pick of the Week: Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Dr Pepper

Part of this blog is to come up with creative and crazy combinations of Sonic drinks. And who better to come up with a crazy combination than a group of teenagers? That is why I enlisted the help of the youth group I work with. I present to you the New River Fellowship Youth Pick of the Week. Every Tuesday night at youth group I will have the kids decide what my next drink should be.

This week's pick: Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Dr. Pepper.

Putting your favorite things together doesn't always work, but this is one exception.

Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Rachel tries to cook? She accidentally combines two totally different recipes, one a main dish and the other a dessert. Joey comes in and starts eating it. They all look on in disbelief as he explains himself "Potatoes...good. Peas...good. Meat...good. Pudding....gggoooooooddddd." (so those might not be the actual words that he says, but something like that.)

That is the way I felt about this drink. Cherry...good. Vanilla...good. Chocolate....reallll gooooodddd. Dr. Pepper...eh. Not a huge fan. Put it all together. Uh-Maze-Zing!

Downfall to the drink is the same as if you were mixing chocolate syrup into your milk, you have to continue to stir or else it will all settle in the bottom of the cup. Then when drink out of the straw you get alllll chocolate syrup. Which is fine. I like chocolate. But to get the full affect of the drink, continue to stir before each sip.

This drink will fill you up. It is really sweet and tasty. (I kind of felt like I needed to brush my teeth when I was finished with it.) The comibation of the cherry vanilla chocolate made the Dr. Pepper bearable for me.

This one gets: 4 out of 5 straws.

Until Next Time,
KK3

2 comments:

brandon said...

that actually sounds kinda interesting

KaleyKelsey said...

It is... good interesting.